sensormatic™ 58khz ultra post security pillar
The refurbished sensormatic 58 Khz ultra post security pillar is used in locations that have an excess of metal objects in the front of the store. One master tower will cover a single door placed on the handle side of the doorway. One master tower will cover a double door if placed in the middle of the double door. If you wish to cover a double doorway without a tower in the middle you must also get the ultrapost slave tower. This technology is a good alternative when checkpoint frequency systems are not a good fit for a smaller store. A good example of where these towers are used is gas stations and convenience stores. There is a lot of metal in the fronts of these stores including the racks and shelves.
Advantages to an ultra post security system:
1. Works well around metal in environment so can be installed close to meal door frames.
2. Disposable labels are much smaller ( 1 1/2″ x 1/4″)
3. Pick rate is a bit higher so it will ring a tag a bit more accurately than a checkpoint tower.
Disadvantages of the Ultra Post Security Pillar:
1. Must be installed by a technician ($900-$1500 or more additional cost depending on location and number of towers, call for estimate)
2. Disposable labels are raised up so a bit more noticeable by shoplifter.
3. Original cost of equipment more expensive.
4. Maintenance after install more expensive.
The ultra post security pillar is a good solution for stores who can not use the checkpoint type security due to environmental factors. This tower requires dedicated electrical outlet(s) that are on their own breaker. It is sensitive to electrical noise and your electrician can give you dedicated ground and neutral wires. Let our techs help you communicate with your electrician so you get the correct hookup for these towers. Let SensorTags Inc schedule your install today.